Saturday, April 25, 2015

Tips 101: WIFI in dorm room

Can you imagine not having wifi in your room? My first three weeks of school was terrible in my room trying to connect to Yonsei's wifi.. Apparently we dont get wifi connection in our room, just the lounge and study room on our floor. Some are lucky to get some sort of connection in their room.

I discovered that I can use my MacBook as my personal wifi hotspot! Not sure if this will be helpful for those who have a windows computer.

Just buy an ethernet cable downstairs at GS25. It cost about $2USD. Plug the ethernet to your macbook, and open network preference to set the ethernet up as a wifi hotspot. You can create your own personal wifi name and password! The connection in my room is amazing now! I can easily access wifi on my phone and ipad. However, when you need to use wifi, your macbook must be plugged in with the ethernet cable. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment